Beet juice


      I never have been a fan of bottled juice because of all the sugar and preservatives. I was lucky to grow up in the Caribbean where there was plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables all year round. In those times there was no bottled juice, instead we made it with whichever fruits were in season. 
          As for vegetables we didn't really eat many.  My oldest daughter introduced me to a variety of vegetables that I never knew existed.  Over the years I have learned to enjoy the flavors as well as their nutritional benefits.

        Many years ago one of my friend introduced me to this healthy as well as delicious juice that I'm sharing with you today. Your body  is going to appreciate all the health benefits the wonderful veggies and fruits have to offer. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. 

                  
               dessertsandgoodfood.blogspot.com

Ingredients:


1 cup of fresh orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)

2 medium carrots,peeled and cut in half
2 granny smith apples, cut in 4 pieces
1 medium beet, peeled and cut in 4 pieces


Using a juicer, juice carrots,beets and apples. Mix well with the orange juice and enjoy!


Comments

Surullitos fritos (corn sticks with cheese)

Surullitos fritos(corn sticks with cheese)

Vanilla Flan

Coquito Ice Cream