Piña colada


    Piña Colada is a sweet and tasty cocktail made with pineapple juice, coconut cream and white rum. The National Puerto Rican drink since 1978 this is a tropical classic that evokes images of a Caribbean paradise. Here I share with you a taste of my Island with my version of a Piña Colada.


                       dessertsandgoodfood.blogspot.com


With all the pineapples in my kitchen I decided to develop my own version of Piña colada using freshly squeezed pineapple juice. Instead of using ice I froze my pineapple juice to avoid watering down my Piña Colada.

For the pineapple juice:



















4 to 5 cups of large pineapples chunks

You can process the pineapples chunks in a juicer machine or you can strain the juice using a food processor as follows:

In a food processor crush 4 cups of fresh pineapple chunks until you have very small pieces. Using a cheesecloth strain the pineapple pieces and squeeze out the juice. Discard the pulp.

Pour the juice into ice cube trays and place in the freezer until ready to use.

Note:

You can use canned pineapple juice instead of fresh, but verify it is 100% juice.

For the Piña Colada:

15 ounces freshly squeezed Pineapple juice (frozen)
12 ounces coconut cream
Coconut rum to taste


Add the pineapple juice and coconut cream to the blender and blend until smooth. Add the rum and blend for 5 seconds.

Pour into a chilled glass. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a cherry then serve. 

Comments

Surullitos fritos (corn sticks with cheese)

Surullitos fritos(corn sticks with cheese)

Vanilla Flan

Coquito Ice Cream