Chicken Tenders with Chardonnay Honey Mustard Sauce


     This is one of those recipes I have made for my family for years and I am just now sitting down to write it. When you have picky eaters you have to do whatever you can to feed them. 
      A few years ago my daughter Stephanie started making honey mustard sauce every time I made chicken tenders. For a long time I didn't even pay attention to the sauce. I ate my tenders with ketchup and, I was happy with that. A few months ago I tasted the sauce for the first time and to my surprise I really liked it. I have to confess I have never been a fan of mustard. I asked my daughter for the recipe and she told me the recipe came from when she was working in the military. They made the sauce to taste taking yellow mustard and then adding honey until the right consistency and flavor was achieved. Well I love challenges and asked her to make a small amount of the sauce for me. Using that sample as a guide I started mixing two mustards first to achieve the color and then I added the honey. This recipe is a copy of hers. 


                   
                     dessertsandgoodfood.blogspot.com

Honey mustard sauce:


1/8 cup Chardonnay Dijon mustard
1/8 cup Classic yellow mustard
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon honey

In small bowl combine the yellow and Dijon mustards, add the honey and mix well. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator until needed.

Ingredients for the chicken:

1 pound organic skinless and boneless chicken breast,
rinse lightly and pat dry
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon mince fresh thyme

1/4 cup all-purpose-flour
1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 cup Panko Japanese - style bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese


Avocado oil for frying:

Cut the chicken in 2 inch wide strips and place in a medium shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in fresh thyme. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss until well combined then set aside. 

Place the flour in a medium plate.

Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish. 


Combine the Japanese bread crumbs and the shredded 
parmesan cheese into a large plate. 

Dredge chicken in flour lightly.

Dip in the egg mixture.


Dredge each tender in the Panko bread crumbs and press lightly. Arrange the chicken tenders in a single layer on the baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the freezer until you are ready to fry.

Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken 4 or 5 pieces at the time. Fry 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the tenders  are crisp and golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside. Drain over paper towels.

Comments

Surullitos fritos (corn sticks with cheese)

Surullitos fritos(corn sticks with cheese)

Vanilla Flan

Coquito Ice Cream