Mango Salsa


    The other day I was looking at the photos in my computer and, I found this one that my son took a few years ago of an appetizer I made when he and his wife passed through in their way back from their honeymoon. This was something very simple but they loved it.
Soon they will be celebrating their anniversary and I wanted to surprise them with the recipe.

                     
         
Ingredients:

1 large avocado peeled and diced

1 large mango, peeled and diced
2 Roma tomatoes skin removed and diced
1/4 cup yellow onion peeled, small diced

The juice and the zest of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste 

1 loaf of fresh French or Italian crusty bread
Extra virgin olive oil

In a medium glass or ceramic bowl add all the ingredients and gently mix well.

Slice the bread diagonally in 1/2 inch thick slices. Brush the bread lightly with olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 3 minutes or until lightly toasted on both sides.

Serve the salsa over the toast.

Note:

Usually salsas have cilantro in them.  That day I did not have any available, but I decided to try it without cilantro anyways. It turned out delicious, but adding cilantro does give it that nice finish.

Comments

Surullitos fritos (corn sticks with cheese)

Surullitos fritos(corn sticks with cheese)

Vanilla Flan

Coquito Ice Cream