Shrimp Ceviche


     I want to thank my friend Rossi Cevallos who gave me this recipe and, let me share it. She is a passionate cook like me. One day I asked her which was her favorite meal from her country Ecuador and, she answered me Ceviche. I was intrigued when she started explaining to me the different ways people from her country made the ceviche.  She then gave me her version and I made it for my daughter, who loved it.  She was so happy with it and, she told me to add it to our go-to list for friday night. Here I share that recipe with you.  Enjoy!

                   
               
Ingredients:

1 pound Shrimps, peeled and devein 
Salt and pepper to taste
1 garlic, mince
1 teaspoon adobo, see note
1 1/2 cup of water

1 small red onion, cut in fine slices
Cilantro, chopped 
The juice of 1 lime

2 Roma tomatoes, small dice 
Juice of 2 limes
1 teaspoon ketchup

     In small saucepan add the water, salt and pepper, mince garlic and adobo. Over a high heat bring to boil and add the shrimps. Cook for 2 minutes and immediately transfer the shrimp to a glass or ceramic bowl and set aside to cool. When the liquid you cook a shrimp is at room temperature pour over the shrimps and set aside.

    Meanwhile in small bowl add the onion, chopped cilantro and the juice of one lime, cover and let rest for 30 minutes.

    After the 30 minutes add to the bowl with the onion mixture the dice tomatoes, the juice of 2 limes, ketchup and salt and pepper to taste. Add the shrimps and mix gently to combine, transfer to the refrigerator and let rest for 2 hours before serving.

Serve with tostones, plantain arañitas or over a toast.

Note:

Adobo is a mixture of salt and ground spices very easy to find in a latin isle in your loco supermarket.

Comments

Surullitos fritos (corn sticks with cheese)

Surullitos fritos(corn sticks with cheese)

Vanilla Flan

Coquito Ice Cream