Creole Sauce by my niece Karina

       Thanks to my niece Karina who took the time from her busy life as a professional chef to share this recipe with me. 
    Last week I was making my menu for my Friday night appetizers, and I decided to add my recipe for potato croquettes. Looking for a sauce to serve with the croquettes, my niece's creole sauce came to mind. I pureed the sauce, and it was a perfect pairing. I served the sauce in its original form with chips and pureed for my potatoes croquettes.


 Ingredients:

1 small yellow onion, small diced
1 large tomato, small diced
1 red bell pepper, small diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
2 ounces of red wine

In a medium saucepan add the oil. Turn the heat to medium, add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the rest of vegetables and a pinch of salt. Cook until the vegetables are tender but crisp. Add the tomato paste and cook another minute. Add wine and cook for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serving Suggestions:

This sauce can be served with fried plantains, plantain spiders, mofongo (
 mashed plantain).

Comments

Surullitos fritos (corn sticks with cheese)

Surullitos fritos(corn sticks with cheese)

Vanilla Flan

Coquito Ice Cream